To enhance and demonstrate critical thinking skills through a critique of a contemporary movie to childhood abuse. to critically analyze the film. Do not summaries of the film or a thumbs up/down! I am looking for you to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the film as it relates to the issue at hand. Below is a list of questions to help you guide your discussion:
1. What is the child abuse issue addressed in the film? Why did you select this?
2. What was powerful/convincing/missing/weak about the film?
3. How is the main childhood character(s) portrayed? What is compelling/disappointing about the character?
4. What do you think is the message that the film is attempting to send regarding child abuse issues? Is it done effectively or not, and in what ways?
5. How does the film address other layers of oppression- either race, class, sexual identity, religion, ethnicity, etc.
6. What message do you believe the general public will get from this film? Do you agree with it? Why/why not? Write 2 pages critically analyze on the movie (The girl next door 2007)