Read Case #5 – Twitter, Inc. in 2019: Are the Growth and Profit Sustainable?
Twitter, Inc.’s CEO Jack Dorsey has employed you as a consultant to assess the company’s overall situation and recommend a set of actions to improve the company’s future prospects. Please prepare a report to Mr. Dorsey that includes: (1) an evaluation of competitive forces in the social media market, (2) an assessment of Twitter, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, (3) an evaluation of Twitter’s financial and operating performance as displayed in case Exhibit 1, and, (5) a set of action recommendations that Twitter’s top executive team should initiate in order to rekindle the company’s growth and performance.
Textbook: Essentials of Strategic Management 7th Edition by John E. Gamble
Your report should be no less than 1000 words (word count does not include title page, abstract, references or exhibits). The report should be in APA format.
Your report should answer:
- What does a PESTEL analysis suggest for the macro-environmental impact on the social media industry? Which of the macro-environmental factors appear to have the greatest potential impact on Twitter? Why?
- Identify the driving forces in the social media industry. What appears to be the impact of these driving forces on the industry?
- Prepare a SWOT analysis for Twitter. What does the SWOT suggest for Twitter’s future?
- Using the data in Case Exhibits 1 & 2, what is your assessment of Twitter’s financial position? Based on your analysis, what financial performance can reasonably be expected in the near-term future for Twitter? Support your answer.
- From the data provided in the case (Exhibits 1, 2, 6 & 7), how does Twitter’s performance stack up with Facebook and Snap? Is there a clear winner based on your analysis?
- Your report should be written from the perspective of employee to employer and not as a student to instructor. You should not reference the “Case” in this context. In other words you have been given a task by an employer and should be addressing the employer.
Prepare a properly APA formatted paper of no less than 1000 words.
Include Title Page, Abstract, Body, References and at least one exhibit.
Written from the perspective of employee to employer.
Backed up by thoughtful analysis based the facts of the case and not unsupported opinion.
Five Forces Analysis