INSTRUCTIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL PROJECT – INTL725
Research Report (20%) due Week 6
PowerPoint Presentation (20%) due Week 13
This is an applied research for a specific Canadian company.
1) TCS Case Study: Enbala helps the world energize efficiently: https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/stories-histoires/2019/CPTPP-enbala.aspx?lang=eng
2) Company Name and Product: Enbala-creating an energy future that is sustainable and balanced
1. In the PowerPoint Presentation, assuming that the company hires you to conduct research on how to export to a new market, Australia. You will conduct secondary and primary research and present the findings to the company in PowerPoint format. Create a PowerPoint file along with speaker notes, and record your presentation: click Slide Show, then Record. (Please note: In case your PowerPoint does not allow to record, you can use Zoom to record. PowerPoint slides and your video are required in the recording. If your video is too large, you can put it on OneDrive; see instructions on page 4. Students are responsible for making sure the OneDrive link works, i.e., “Anyone with the link can view.” Audio recording is not accepted.)
You should choose a market and a sector (i.e. topic) that you know well and are likely to specialize in your future career.
Students cannot choose the same case study. Please join the discussion board in order to know what case studies are available or unavailable.
For your research, use the following Canadian sources plus journal articles (eCentennial online library) and Industry Canada data.
1. Export Development Canada: https://www.edc.ca/
2. The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service: https://www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca/
3. FITT Trade Ready: http://www.tradeready.ca/
4. Canadian Business: https://www.canadianbusiness.com/
5. Maclean’s: https://www.macleans.ca/
6. Financial Post: https://business.financialpost.com/
7. BNN Bloomberg: https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/
8. McKinsey & Company: https://www.mckinsey.com/ca
1. PowerPoint Presentation
PowerPoint format (one slide each). Please see the sample provided.
1. Introduction (first and last names only, no ID).
2. Background on the Product/Service
3. Business Opportunities
4. Research Objectives
5. Methodology (Secondary Data and Primary Data) / Sampling
6. Implementation Plan (time and cost)
7. Data Analysis and Interpretation (4 slides)
8. Business Recommendation
10. References in APA format (at least 10 sources)
· At least six reputable Internet sources from at least four different organizations
· At least one business journal article
· At least one book (you can use our textbook)
Length: 4 – 5 minutes
· Each research objective needs to include:
1) the specific data to be collected by the researcher: “to determine average consumer spending per year on fruits” rather than “to determine demand for fruits” (“demand” is not specific; how do you measure “demand”?)
2) the purpose of / reason for collecting such data: “in order to develop a pricing strategy for fruit products in the market”
· Methodology and sampling need to be specific:
1) secondary data: include the names of the sources you will use
2) Also, specify how the primary data will be collected
3) primary data: include details on who you will interview, conduct focus groups, your samples, etc.
· Each source listed in References needs at least one in-text citation.
· Feel free to have up to 15 slides.
PowerPoint Presentation Sample
· See sample posted.
· Please note: The report sample is example for format purposes only, not for content.