Choose any artist that interests you. Below is an artist list but these are only suggestions; you do not have to choose an artist on this list. Please make sure you can find enough information about your artist to complete the paper.
3 pages typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, size 12 font APA or MLA Format
Please consider the following information. Each artist will have different information. These topics are suggestions, but most should be included in your research on any artist. Approach the biographical information how you choose.
Suggested Biographical Info:
1. Place/date of birth
2. Place/date of death
3. Primary type of artwork (ex: painting? drawing? sculpture? printmaking? ceramics?)
4. Media (materials used?)
5. Style or period of art
6. Short definition of that style or period
7. Interesting/Personal information on the artist
8. Favorite Quote
Required information: All information below is required in your artist research paper.
1. Two (2) other artists who work in the same style (from the time period of the artist – or contemporary artists working in this same style). How is the work similar? How is the work different? Do these artists influence your artist and/or did your artist influence these artists? The artists can be from different time periods.
2. Formal, Expressive or Contextual Critique of at least two works for art by selected artist
Biography Resources (minimum of three -use authoritative sites and books). Include author, title, date, URL (for sites), publisher (for books), and page numbers. No Wikipedia. Cite in APA or MLA format.
Images: These images can be placed within your paper or at the end. The images do not count towards your three pages of information typed. Be sure to have three pages of typed information plus these images and your works cited page.
1 portrait or photograph of artist plus 5 images of art works created by artist
Label each with the following information:
Location found (museum/collection):URL/ site name (or book source if scanned)