Competency: Assess cloud-based implementation strategies.
You are a software developer for a large travel company. Your company’s web application is more like a monolithic architecture. It allows the following functionality to end users:
- Make a travel reservation
- Pay for your trip
- Search for a travel site
- Review an existing reservation
- Cancel a reservation
These functionalities are implemented using a monolithic architecture. Monolithic architecture simplifies application development and deployment. However, there are major drawbacks for using this type of architecture.The entire application must be redeployed for a simple change in functionality
It is difficult to implement Continuous integration/Continuous deployment
It takes a long time for the application to start up
There are a number of benefits of using a micro-services architecture. They include:
- Less time to start the micro-service
- Decoupled functionality
- Easy deployment
- Possible to implement the CI/CD pipeline
- The micro-services can be deployed independently
In addition, you need to deploy the micro-services architecture onto the public cloud. Monitoring is one of the most important elements of application development. Application monitoring helps troubleshoot any application related issues by looking at the log messages. It also helps to ensure that applications are available 24/7.
One of the major benefits of public cloud is that the infrastructure is code. It means that you can deploy all the infrastructure component using just code or scripts.
Provide a Word memo, 6 pages in length, to your manager that includes the following:
- A description of the benefits of micro-services architecture.
- A description of micro-services architecture on a public cloud.
- A description of the components used for deploying micro-services on a public cloud.
- An explanation of how application monitoring is handled on a public cloud.
- Describe the use of popular infrastructure as code tools.
- A description of the benefits of using the infrastructure as the code.
- Be sure to use a professional tone and check your grammar and spelling.
Include a minimum of 5 scholarly resources.