1. Company Description and Background Situation
BP is the largest producer of oil and gas in the US, and one of the largest in the world. We employ over 70,000 people and operate in over 80 countries worldwide. We own multiple refineries around the globe, a fleet of more than 80 ships and 25,000 miles of pipeline. We explore and produce in the harshest of conditions, both in onshore and offshore operations. And, we do it all with one thing in mind: to provide heat, light and mobility to people without compromising the planet. Here at BP, we’re proud of what we do, who we are and what we stand for. We invite you to consider us and look beyond the limits. The world is growing like never before, creating opportunity for billions of people and pushing the demand for energy to new heights. As the industry works to meet these needs, there is a strong demand that energy be produced and delivered in new ways and with fewer emissions. At BP, we embrace this dual challenge. We have always looked to the future, adapted to change and met challenges like this head on. To deliver significantly lower emissions, every type of energy needs to be cleaner and better. That’s why BP is making bold changes across our entire business. As we take on the challenge within our supply and trading organization, we are exploring how our product offerings can further support this growth and help people secure more environmentally-friendly, reliable energy.
2. Project Question
What are companies from other carbon-intensive industries doing to reach their own goals?
3. Project Scope/Parameters
• Research businesses across multiple industries (O&G/energy, manufacturing, distribution, transportation, etc.) to understand their environmental goals and objectives
• Are these initiatives self-imposed or imposed by some form of regulation?
• How do they plan to meet these goals?
4. Research Topics and Resources
5. Survey Parameters (if survey is desired) • TBD
6. Desired Outcome
Understanding of current & future initiatives to meet corporate environmental goals across various industries and how these will be achieved
Analysis of offerings from trading/marketing businesses to support environmental objectives
7. Deliverable format • Presentation Format