1. Journal: 200 words no citation required. 2. Case Study Review. Please following Instructions below. Article has been attached. Unit VIII Journal
Discuss how the concepts in this course can be applied to real-world situations and increase your chances of career or life success.
Optional:Research suggests many expatriate employees encounter problems that limit both their effectiveness in foreign assignments and their contributions to the firm once they return home. What do you see as the primary causes and consequences of these problems? What can a firm do to reduce the occurrence of such problems?Your journal entry must be at least 200 words. No references or citations are necessary.
Unit VIII Case Study
To read the case study below, you must first log into the myCSU Student Portal and access the Business Source Complete database found in the CSU Online Library.Bodolica, V., & Waxi, M. (2007). Chicago food and beverage company: The challenges of managing international assignments. Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 13(3), 31-42.
Please answer the following questions after reading the case study:
- Which staffing framework do you recognize in this case study? Explain its characteristics and the advantages to using this type of framework?
- Would this type of staffing framework affect Pauls ability to get things done? Why, or why not?
- Explain if any of the other staffing frameworks would be any better?
- What can you recommend to the companys headquarters in this sense?
- Why does Paul want this job?
- Is Paul a good candidate for this expatriate position?
- What comments can you make on expatriate management in general?
- And what comments can you make on the expatriate recruitment policy in particular?
- What are the different expatriate compensation methods you recognized in the text?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of these different expatriate compensation methods?
- What do you suggest to the U.S. headquarters human resources manager in order to improve the expatriate satisfaction/compensation?
Your submission should be a minimum of three pages in length in APA style; however, a title page, a running head, and an abstract are not required. Be sure to cite and reference all quoted or paraphrased material appropriately in APA style.