1. Watch the Chance Dance Example video link.
2. Pick 3 different verbs from the following list:
3. Set a timer for one minute and explore the first verb. Try to come up with a gesture that you can repeat. Go through this process for all 3 verbs, so you have 3 original gestures. Take notes on your experience with this part of the assignment.
4. Now, follow this chance dance procedure to develop your phrase:
4. Level: write low, middle, and high on three slips of paper. Put them in a hat. Draw one slip for each verb. This is the level for your gesture for that verb.
4. Tempo: write fast, middle, slow on three slips of paper. Put them in a hat. Draw one slip for each verb. This is the tempo or speed for your gesture for that verb.
4. Repetitions: write 1, 2, 3 on three slips of paper. Put them in a hat. Draw one slip for each verb. This is the number of times you repeat your gesture for that verb.
1. Fill out the Project 2 Chart with the information for each of your verbs.
1. Learn and practice dancing your phrase. Rehearse dancing your phrase three times in a row.
1. Film your phrase.
1. After you have completed this exercise, write a 2-3 page reflection paper about the experience. Papers must be 500-750 words. Include your Project 2 Chart at the end of your paper. (The chart is NOT part of the 500-750 word count). Use Times New Roman 12 point font, one-inch margins, page numbers in the bottom right hand corner, and double space. Save your paper as a Microsoft Word document or PDF file.
1. Upload your filmed phrase and your reflection essay, with the Project 2 Chart, to the dropbox. Note: you will turn in 2 files: the film and the essay. To turn in the film, you can either upload your video to OneDrive or Youtube and submit the link as a dropbox attachment, or you can record video directly into dropbox through the attachment function. There are detailed instructions with screenshots that show you how to navigate these options in the assignment.