- Download and read: Haselton MG, Mortezaie M, Pillsworth EG, Bleske-Rechek A , Frederick DA (2007) Ovulatory shifts in human female ornamentation: Near ovulation, women dress to impress. Hormones and Behavior 51:40-45. (Links to an external site.)
- Find and download another paper on the same topic.
- Write 2 critical summaries, one on each paper.
- Combine both critical summaries in one file
Format for critical summary
1. Your name
2. Full and correct citation of the paper thus:
Author (year published) Paper title. Journal Name volume: pages
3. Introduction: Context of study including the big question asked. What should the reader know to appreciate this study?
4. Briefest summary of methods; only what’s needed to understand the results.
5. Key results.
6. What these results mean in terms of question asked or hypothesis tested.
7. How these results have changed our understanding and where scientists might go from here.
Critical summaries should be about 2 pages long, typed, double spaced, left-justified,
12 point Times New Roman.