The themes for this course include:
• Closing the Gap Between College and Career
• Closing the Gap Between Military Service and Civilian Career
• Science Writing and the Public (Secular Science)
• Enterprising America and the World
You will choose a theme path in this module and will develop and build on this theme path throughout your course of study in this class.
You will first conduct a close reading of a source, then choose the article to read and use this reading to pre-write in preparation for your summary response essay.
This article focuses on the experiences of students who are pursuing specific graduate pathways but do not yet have concrete professional ambitions. The study is based on an in-depth study, which explored students’ experiences of university and progression into future employment, with a particular focus on how these experiences were mediated by social class.
For this Critical Thinking Assignment, you are to develop a summary response essay. Be sure to accurately decipher your assignment.
Your paper should accomplish the following:
1. Introduction: Thesis statement, information about the article.
– Be sure to note key information in the article: author, time and place of publication, and article title.
– Be sure to note the main thesis of the article that includes the authors’ key ideas and intentions.
2. Summary: Your analysis of the article. Be sure to write in the objective third person.
– Refer to the author and not the article during your examination of key points as articles are inanimate.
3. Response (body paragraphs): Note where you agree, or disagree with ideas, and points the author asserts in the article.
– Be sure to paraphrase and cite in-text as you develop academic paragraphs that have a topic sentence, evidence, and analysis of the ideas you are exploring.
4. Conclusion: Note the main implications of the article, any gaps you see in the research, or where you think you can look further for information.
- Length: 3-pages (not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include)
- Use the third person
- Assert your academic voice.
- Cite at least three source for this assignment. In academic writing, it is always best practice to cite credible sources, such as a scholarly journal article
- Your paper must be formatted according to APA