In RA 2, you will finalize the research question on a human services topic that you selected earlier in the course and conduct a literature review to better understand the problem being presented through the research question. RESEARCH QUESTION: How badly does depression affect new young mothers after birth and what are the factors that predicts depression in mothers?
Tasks: Gather, analyze, and critique scholarly literature and develop a literature review to address your research question. Your literature review must be based on:
- Credible research sources – A minimum of one quantitative and one qualitative research study
- One or two seminal or foundational sources
- At least five peer-reviewed journals and two websites
- Current sources from within the past five years (with the exception of the seminal or foundational source mentioned above)
In addition, your literature review must:
- Synthesize the research and provide a summary of how the selected literature helps support the research question.
- Discuss common themes found in the literature related to the topic.
- Compare and contrast the typical research methodologies found in the literature you reviewed qualitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods.
Submission Details: Compile your research question and literature review in an 8- to 10-page Microsoft Word document. Include a title page and a reference page and apply APA standards to citation of sources, including use of in-text citations and full references.