1) a car going 8 m/s goes over a cliff 78.4 meters high. How far from the base does it land? 2) a ball is thrown horizontally off of a table 1.225 meters tall and lands 0.4 meters from its base. what was the initial velocity of the ball?
3) a person jumps horizontally off of a platform with a horizontal velocity of 2.8 m/s and lands 2.6 s later. How high is the platform
4) a cannon is fired from the ground at 49 m/s at an angle of elevation of 30 degrees. How long is it in the air? (use sine to find “opposite” m/s then g=v/t)how far away does the shell land? (use cosine to find “adjacent” m/s then v=d/t)how high will it go (use sine to find “opposite” m/s then d= 1/2 gt ^2)
5) A cannon is fired at 200 m/s at an angle of 20 degrees. How much time does it spend in the air?
6) a plane flying level at 25 m/s wants to drop a package to a boat 1000 meters below. How long before they are directly above the boat should the package be dropped? How far (horizontally) is the plane from the boat when the package is dropped?