Tasks to be undertaken:
eCommerce platforms are usually web-enabled software that allows stakeholders such as businesses and consumers to exchange information and provide services that could result in buying and/or selling. Interactions among stakeholders could take the following dimensions:
|S/No||Types of eCommerce||Example|
|1||Business to Business (B2B)||Communication between amazon and FedEx regarding sales delivery. Usually internal to the business involved|
|2||Business to Consumer (B2C)||AirBnB.com|
|3||Consumer to Business to (C2B)||Amazon.com|
|4||Consumer to Consumer (C2C)||Gumtree.com|
Sub-task 1: As an ecommerce software designer and developer, you have been asked to suggest an e-commerce software that could facilitate interaction between two or more stakeholders mentioned in table 1 (i.e. business and consumers). The interaction is expected to drive business or service interaction.
- What ecommerce web application would you suggest? How will the web application work?
- Highlight at least four functional requirements of the e-commerce web application.
Sub-task 2: Develop a 6-slide PowerPoint document that summarises the design of your proposed e-commerce software as follows:
- A title page that contains your P-number and the name of the e-Commerce web application design
- An Introduction that describes the e-commerce application, the purpose it will serve, its users, and technologies that will be used for creating the web application
- A use-case diagram that describes how users interact with the e-commerce web application.
- Entity Relationship Diagram(s) that suggests how the database tables interact.
- The class diagram that reflects the association between the classes/objects of the e-commerce platform
- Swimlane diagram that shows the stepwise user/system actions and how the actions unfold.
Submit the PowerPoint file to Turnitin.
Using Microsoft Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE), C# programming language, and SQL server database, develop a working artifact of your design in Task A. Please pay attention to the following:
- Ensure the web application demonstrate n-tier architecture.
- Show clear interaction with database and reflect efficient database design/structure. An example of interaction is data insert or update events.
- Reflect attributes of excellent coding technique, the program comes should be readable, efficient, extendable, unit-testable, and consistent.
- The artifact should be adaptable to a real-world situation.
- The program code should compile and run without syntax errors.
First, create 2 minutes video that demonstrates the e-commerce software you developed. Secondly, zip the solution folder into a file. Finally, Submit the video file and zipped folder to Turnitin.
Deliverables to be submitted for assessment:
Students will be required to submit the following for assessment:
- PowerPoint Slide (design)
- Zipped Source Code (development)
- 2-3 minutes Video presentation (development)