1. General Instructions:
a) General Formatting: All papers in this class should meet the following format guidelines:
- Standard margins
- Font size of 12 points, Times New Roman
- Section Headings: Each paper assignment has guidelines listing specific sections that should be provided in your paper. Please use these section headings within your papers.
b) All papers must be submitted on Blackboard
c) Reference List: Please include a reference list in MLA style. 4 references per paper required, in addition to your textbook. A variety of sources must be used.
2. Plagiarism: Plagiarism, be it intentional or unintentional, is a recurring problem with writing assignments. It is important that you understand what constitutes plagiarism so that you can avoid it. In its most common form, plagiarism includes:
• Taking another person’s idea, opinion or data and representing it as your own product.
• Quoting a source without attributing it.
• Paraphrasing the ideas of another without attribution; this includes taking a chunk of text and changing only a few words here or there and representing it as your own.
3. Grading Rubrics: All assignments submitted in this class will be graded based rubrics although additional points may be added or subtracted at the discretion of the instructor.
Directions: Focus on the “Infancy Stage” of your Fictional Child. The paper must be at least four double-spaced pages long. Please use the section headings below to organize the papers. The use of outside sources is required and creativity is a plus. The content of each paper must go beyond what we discussed in class.
1. Introduction: Write a short summary (one paragraph) of what happened to your child in the previous stages.
2. Physical Development: Describe relevant aspects of the physical development of your child during this stage of life.
3. Cognitive Development: Describe relevant aspects of the cognitive development of your child during this stage of life.
4. Social and Emotional Development: Describe relevant aspects of the social and emotional development of your child during this stage of life.
5. Cultural Influences: Describe relevant cultural influences that affected the development of your child during this stage of life.
Things to consider writing about in your paper:
* Child’s eating, sleeping, and motor development? Is the development considered normal?
* How is your child’s attachment? What is currently happening to your child that might affect attachment security according to Bowlby and Ainsworth, and various other research studies.
*Describe examples of changes in your child’s exploratory or problem solving behavior and categorize these behaviors according to Piagetian and other informational processing theories.
*Analyze your baby’s temerament.