Competencies Differentiate behavioral traits and highly effective habits of successful operations managers. Distinguish the strategic actions that differentiate between successful domestic and international sourcing plans. Distinguish operational practices that will create an exceptional customer experience. Differentiate the key assessment metrics in achieving an operational project plan. Prioritize three quality measures used in operational design. Relate the seven key elements of designing a forecasting system.
You have been promoted to the role of senior operations manager and have been named by the VP of Operations to the organizational one-year elite onboarding program for high-potentials called Emerging Leaders.
As an Emerging Leader, you are expected, in fiscal Q1 and Q2, to develop an operations manager toolkit/project guide for the new junior operations managers you will source to this role in the next quarter. The toolkit will be used by your newly hired junior operations managers during the six-month onboarding process within your organization.
Developing an onboarding program for new junior operations managers is important because onboarding, according to the Society of Human Resources Management (2016), “is the process by which new hires get adjusted to the social and performance aspects of their jobs quickly and smoothly, and learn the attitudes, knowledge, skills, and behaviors required to function effectively within an organization (p. 1).”
In addition, sourcing, vetting, background checking, interviewing, and training a newly hired junior operations manager will cost your organization approximately $6,300.00 (per candidate).Consequently, to assist your new junior operations managers in learning, growing, and developing into your organizational culture, you will need to provide them with the tools to succeed.
What to Submit
You are to develop an operations manager toolkit/project guide that must be inclusive of the following components: a cover page, table of contents, and a reference page supported by research from at least six scholarly sources. This toolkit, although a written assignment, is very different from you writing a traditional 10-page APA style paper, and is representative of an authentic reference tool you would use in the workplace to onboard a new junior operations manager. Both the reference page and in-text citations must be in APA format.
Your newly-hired junior operations manager will require support and your assistance to be successful; therefore, you will need to develop an operations manager toolkit/project guide which will include the following components:
- An opening statement on the importance of operations manager leadership development
- A comparison statement on understanding the five organizational leadership styles
- A description of a successful domestic and international sourcing plan and analysis statement
- A description outline of an exceptional customer experience program plan and analysis statement
- A description of at least four internal data collection measurement tools and analysis statement
- A description of at least three quality measures used in operational design and analysis statement
- A description of the seven key design elements of a forecasting system and analysis statement
- An evaluation of the components of your operations manager toolkit/project guide
Society of Human Resource Management (2016). Onboarding New Employees. Retrieved from https://www.shrm.org/about/foundation/products/Pages/OnboardingEPG.aspx