Prepare a pamphlet that can be distributed at mental health clinics, public health centers, and physicians offices explaining the relationship between methamphetamine and mental health. Be sure to include the following in your pamphlet:
1. A definition of methamphetamines, their most common form and usages
2. How methamphetamines are abused Intoxication caused by methamphetamine use
3. Long and short term effects of methamphetamine abuse
4. Symptoms and methods of withdrawal from methamphetamine use
5. Psychiatric illnesses association with methamphetamine use
6. Different ways disorders co-occur with methamphetamine (e.g., self-medications vs. meth-caused mental disorder)
7. Treatment options and prognoses for methamphetamine addiction.
Dean, A. C., Groman, S. M., Morales, A. M., & London, E. D. (2013). An evaluation of the evidence that methamphetamine abuse causes cognitive decline in humans. Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, 38(2), 259274.
Kely Lapworth, Sharon Dawe, Penelope Davis, David Kavanagh, Ross Young, John Saunders. (2009). Impulsivity and positive psychotic symptoms influence hostility in methamphetamine users. Addictive Behaviors, 34(4), 380-385.
Ma J., Li X.-D., Wang T.-Y., Li S.-X., Meng S.-Q., Blow F.C., Ilgen M., Degenhardt L., Lappin J., Wu P., Shi J., Bao Y.-P., Lu L. ( 2018). Relationship between the duration of methamphetamine use and psychotic symptoms: A two-year prospective cohort study. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 187, 363-369.
Ruth Salo, Keith Flower, Anousheh Kielstein, Martin H. Leamon, Thomas E. Nordahl, Gantt P. Galloway. (2011). Psychiatric comorbidity in methamphetamine dependence. Psychiatry Research, 186(23), 356-361.
Pilowsky, D. J., Wu, L. T., Burchett, B., Blazer, D. G., Woody, G. E., & Ling, W. (2011). Co-occurring amphetamine use and associated medical and psychiatric comorbidity among opioid-dependent adults: results from the Clinical Trials Network. Substance abuse and rehabilitation, 2, 133144.
Ruth Salo, Keith Flower, Anousheh Kielstein, Martin H. Leamon, Thomas E. Nordahl, Gantt P. Galloway. (2011). Psychiatric comorbidity in methamphetamine dependence. Psychiatry Research, 186(2), 356-361.
Tania Lecomte, Alexandre Dumais, Jules R. Dugré, Stéphane Potvin. (2018). The prevalence of substance-induced psychotic disorder in methamphetamine misusers: A meta-analysis, Psychiatry Research, 268, 189-192.