Developing a Network Design for a Business The Constructive Action for this purpose requires the students to undertake a network design project for a small business that includes both logical and physical network topologies and network infrastructural planning for running a small business. The students will visualize a small business operation, and determine its functions and transactional requirements. They will then design a network, select hardware and software for the server and the client computers and connectivity devices, and prepare a network design diagram using Microsoft Visio or any other suitable diagram development software. Finally they will prepare a 10-15 minutes presentation using PowerPoint slides.
1. Integrate theory and practice.
2. Select a suitable small to medium business; identify its operation, business and financial transactions.
3. Select the appropriate LAN technology, physical and logical topologies.
4. Select the appropriate hardware and software.
5. Develop a network design using Microsoft Visio or any other drafting software to perform the sale, financial and other relevant transactions.
6. Prepare an implementation schedule using Microsoft Project or Gantt chart.
7. Produce a Constructive Action document.
8. Prepare a presentation for the management.