The following free data set options have graphical representations of the data. Choose one of the datasets to download and analyze:
U.S. Census Bureau
Choose Excel, R, or Tableau to analyze your data. Click the link below to access tutorials for each tool
- Learning Excel: Data Analysis: 2. Visualize Data (Links to an external site.)
- Integrating Tableau and R for Data Science (Links to an external site.) (free download included)
- Tableau Essential Training (2018) (Links to an external site.)
Write a 3-5-page paper answering the following questions:
- What tool did you use to analyze the data and why? Tool options are listed on the websites,
including Excel, R, and Tableau. Was the tool appropriate for the analysis of the selected data?
- Use the software to provide high level views of the data in tabular and graphical form. Use the
help Options on the tool or refer to the Tutorials from Lynda.com.
- Describe the data. Is it structured or unstructured?
- Apply the results as the organizational data analyst. What does the data tell us? Who should use
- How would you communicate your findings to your manager?
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”