What is a persuasive essay?
A persuasive essay is a piece of writing that seeks to prove that a certain idea or thought is true. To do this, you need to provide readers with facts, opinions and arguments that would strengthen their belief in your point.
Persuasive essays are used in many situations: college essays, interviews and speeches.
Below are some of the best persuasive essay topics organized in different categories.
Arts/culture persuasive essay topics
Art and culture makes the world go around. Art enables us to experess our feeling and emotions through singing, paiting, coloring, dancing, creating sculptures, acting and so forth. We also use art to entertain ourseleves.
Here are some of the arts/culture persuasive essays:
- Support the removal of a historic statue.
- Support the construction of a new sports stadium in your city.
- Should a student be allowed to practice instrumental in school?
- Are museums still relevant?
- What is the importance of museums to society?
- What makes a museum successful?
- How do you improve museum security?
- What is the value of art museums?
- What is the role of art in society?
- What is the importance of preserving our heritage through museums?
- Is there a need for more funding for local art museums?
- Should public funds be used to support private art collections?
- Does modern art have value?
- What is the use of color in modern art?
- Expressionism in modern art.
- The impact of war on painting.
- Abstract expressionism vs. pop art.
- The role of gender in contemporary art
- The role of money in contemporary art
- How does the internet change how we perceive and experience art?
- What is the role of art in society?
- Should we value art over science?
- Do cultural activities improve our lives?
- The benefits of attending cultural events in the community.
- The value of cultural activities in developing social skills.
- How cultural events can help you become more creative and innovative.
- The benefits of cultural activities for children.
- Cultural activities for adults.
- What role does technology play in our interest in other cultures?
- Is it important for every person to know more than one language?
- How do social media affect our artistic tastes?
- What are the benefits of social networking sites?
- Is social media eroding our societal values?
- How do you feel about kids using Facebook at a young age?
- How do you think society should deal with social media usage?
- How should parents monitor their children’s social media usage?
- Social media has changed our lives for the better or worse. Discuss your thoughts about this statement and how it applies to you personally.
- Does social media increase artistic expression? Why or why not?
Education persuasive essay topics
Education is a very important part of our lives. It shapes our future and helps us become successful in life. Education is also part of society and culture. In many countries, children will go to school for around 16 years.
Here are the best education persuasive essay topics:
- The importance of reading books in school.
- Why should you read more books?
- How does reading help improve your memory?
- How does reading improve vocabulary?
- How does reading improve writing skills?
- What are the benefits of reading books for children?
- Do you think there are specific books for adults to read?
- Which is better: reading a short story or a novel?
- Which is better: reading fiction or nonfiction?
- Explain why there needs to be more funding for schools.
- Why do we need to spend more money on education?
- Should teachers get paid more?
- How does school funding affect our economy?
- Should private schools receive public funds as well? If so, why/why not?
- Should the government fund charter schools?
- How can we ensure that more money goes directly to teachers and students rather than administrative costs?
- What are the benefits of online learning?
- Online learning vs. traditional classrooms.
- Is online learning a good choice for you?
- What are the benefits of online learning over traditional classroom study?
- What are the challenges of online learning?
- What makes one person prefer an online course over another?
- How can we ensure that all students get the most out of their education, no matter what format it comes in?
- Why should school uniforms be compulsory?
- How to improve the education system?
- What role does technology play in learning?
- What is the best way to deal with bullying in schools?
- Does doing homework help students?
- Should schools ban cell phones?
- The benefits of homeschooling.
- The importance of teaching children foreign languages in school.
- Should students be allowed to use cell phones at school?
Ethics persuasive essay topics
Ethics is a branch of philosophy that deals with moral values and principles. The most common approach to ethics is deontology, which focuses on duty or obligation.
Ethics persuasive essay topics are often difficult to choose, but with a bit of research, you can find the right topic for your paper.
Here are some ideas for great ethics persuasive essay topics:
- Abortion: Should it be allowed?
- Is abortion ethical?
- Should women have the right to abort?
- Why is late abortion harmful to the mother?
- Why should all women be allowed to have an abortion?
- Should abortion be an option?
- What are the effects of early and late abortion?
- Do you think abortion is a choice?
- Can abortion ever be justified?
- Should abortion after 20 weeks be legalized?
- Should recycling be abolished?
- The ethics of cloning animals.
- Should plastic surgery be done?
- Should we have mandatory health insurance?
- Why is receiving treatment in public and private hospitals different?
- What kind of education should nurses and doctors have?
- The role of nurses in providing care in hospitals.
- Should vaccination be made mandatory?
- Pros of health insurance.
- Should health insurance be free?
- Do you think healthcare is a right or a privilege?
Persuasive politics essay topics
Politics are the decisions and actions that governments and people in power make. Politics are often influenced by many factors, including culture, religion, race, gender, economics and education.
Here are some examples of persuasive political essay topics:
- Should public funding for education be increased?
- The benefits of increased government regulation of the financial markets.
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Should there be a ban on assault weapons?
- Should cities be allowed to ban plastic bags at grocery stores?
- Should the government increase funding for public schools?
- Should drugs be legalized?
- Should we have a national healthcare system?
- Is affirmative action good or bad for our country?
- Should we ban assault rifles?
- Do standardized tests promote inequality in our schools?
- Should businesses be allowed to refuse service to customers based on religious beliefs?
- Should we have a flat tax system?
- Should the government control the economy?
- Should the government provide free education?
- Should the government spend more money on welfare?
- Should there be a minimum wage law in the country?
- Should people be allowed to smoke in public places?
- Should students be allowed to use cell phones during classes?
- Should there be a new law against drunk driving?
- Discuss the role of gender inequality in society today and how it affects women.
- What is the purpose of mandatory sentencing laws in the justice system? Should they be abolished? What would happen if they were abolished?
- Explain how globalization has impacted our culture and way of life.
- Should illegal immigrants be allowed to work in this country?
- Should legal migrants be given residency in the country?
- Should we abolish capital punishment?
- Should the government regulate the price of gas?
- Should the government allow private businesses to hire undocumented workers?
- Should Congress cut funding for public schools?
Health persuasive essay topics
Many people have health problems that are caused by their diet, lifestyle choices, environment, genetics and so forth. Eating an all-around diet, exercising, and getting plenty of rest is the best way to stay healthy.
We have rounded some of the best persuasive essay topics on health for you:
- What is the importance of being healthy?
- Should we encourage more people to exercise more often? What are the benefits of exercise for our health?
- Is obesity an epidemic? What are its consequences for our society? How does it affect your life? What can be done about it?
- Should the government ban junk foods?
- Does using drugs harm our bodies?
- How much sleep is required for optimal health?
- Stress can be harmful if you don’t find ways to deal with it effectively.
- People who don’t know how to manage their stress are at risk for serious health problems later in life.
- Is workplace stress an epidemic or just a sign of the times?
- Should employers have an obligation to address employee stress?
- How can people manage their stress levels in today’s fast-paced world?
- What are the best foods for lowering cholesterol?
- What are the benefits of physical activity?
- The importance of healthy eating.
- The harmful effects of smoking.
- The need for sleep.
- Should insurance companies be required to cover preventative care measures such as screening tests and vaccines?
- Importance of regular dental checkups.
- The negative effects of junk food on your body.
- Why is it important to drink plenty of water every day?
- The benefits of good hygiene.
- The advantages of taking vitamin supplements
- The importance of immunization.
- Ways to prevent obesity among children and teenagers.
- Should all schools have nurses?
- Is it ethical for pharmaceutical companies to advertise prescription drugs directly to consumers?
- Are organic foods better than non-organic foods?
Science persuasive essay topics
Science can be defined as the systematic study of the structure, properties and behavior of matter and energy.
Science is a way of knowing the world.
Science is a great subject because it is so broad and diverse. Numerous topics can be discussed, including discoveries, theories, and the effects of scientific advances in different fields.
Here are some examples of science persuasive essay topics:
- The benefits of organic food over non-organic food.
- The benefits of genetically modified crops/foods.
- How climate change can affect our planet.
- The pros of nuclear energy production.
- Should we continue using natural resources?
- The benefits of solar energy over fossil fuels.
- The dangers of genetically modified crops.
- Do zoos help animals?
- Why do we need science in our everyday life?
- Should we trust science and technology?
- Should we ban genetically modified plants and animals?
- Do you support nuclear power as an alternative energy source?
- Should countries start using renewable resources as their main source of energy?
- Do scientists have any biases?
- The benefits of vaccines against diseases like measles or chickenpox.
- The benefits of genetically modified foods.
- The dangers of electromagnetic radiation emitted by cell phones and computers.
- The dangers of using pesticides in agriculture.
- The cloning of humans should be banned.
- The risks associated with electromagnetic fields.
- The benefits of genetically modified crops.
- Is gravity an illusion?
- Should the government fund stem cell research?
- How global warming affects wildlife and wild plants.
- What’s the best way to reduce our carbon footprint?
- Is there life on other planets?
Need help completing your persuasive essay?
We offer the best essay writing services at affordable prices and deliver them before the deadline. We can write a paper on a topic of your choice and produce a high-quality paper that will impress your professors and earn you good grades.
You might also like: Top 200 Essay Topics about Psychology