Articulate Policy Design and Implementation Issues
The human resource department plays a key part in constructing company policy. For this assignment, you are required to analyze issues within an organization you are familiar with or your own with a focus on design and implementation. Previously, you interviewed an HR professional. Now, you will find another HR professional within or outside your organization. Has the individual interviewed identify a current policy that has been implemented with the company? Use the following questions to guide the interview about policy design and implementation:
1. What need will the new policy address?
2. Who were the major stakeholders towards the development of the policy and why?
3. What process did you follow regarding the creation of the policy?
4. How was the policy change introduced to employees and what type of training was utilized?
5. How regularly is the policy being reviewed for efficiency?
This assignment includes two parts. The first part is a 3 to 4-page paper identifying the issue and steps taken to develop a new policy by the HR professional and a reflection of what you have learned. Be sure to incorporate your research into your paper identifying best practices from the interview and your reflection. In the second part, you will create a new policy to address the issue, while maintaining relevance to the organization’s culture. Consider this policy to be a publishable item that includes letterheads.
Length: 7 pages, not including title and reference pages
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources per part.