- On an individual basis
- Write a professional investment proposal to a prospective investor:
- Describe the suggested share portfolio (it can be either investing directly in the shares chosen, or through a mutual fund, an index fund, or an ETF)
- If the chosen portfolio is not a complete index, justify why it has been chosen relative to a complete index
- Write the expected return and describe the main risks of the chosen portfolio according to your views
- Justify the recommendation of the conveying vehicle: investing in the chosen shares directly, or through an investment fund (mutual fund, index fund, ETF). Explain the rationale of your choice.
- A pdf file containing
- Description of the chosen portfolio/index
- Past data of the chosen portfolio/index: past returns and volatility of the last three years
- Expected return of the chosen portfolio: justify your statements.
- Gross returns versus Net returns. Show the expected gross returns and net returns once commissions and/or the overall Expense Ratio have been deducted
- Wordcount: it is a short report, 2000 -2500
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style
Submission: Week 12 – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Sunday 1st May, 00:00.
Weight: This task is a 40% of your total grade for this subject.