Provincial Offences Act
Term Paper (Value for the Course 20%)
Late Papers will be deducted 5% for each day
Submit a 1200-word essay on how the Provincial Offences Act is used in the enforcement of Ontario Statutes and Regulations. The focus of your essay is to be on public safety through maintaining order and preserving public peace.
You are to select one of the following to base your essay on and in your own words provide an overview of the statute explaining how the POA guides law enforcement with the powers of arrest; search and seizure authority; and the authority to use force for the statute that you have selected:
- Liquor Licence Act (now known as the Liquor Licence and Control Act)
- Cannabis Control Act
- Trespass to Property Act
- Residential Tenancies Act
- Essay should be clear, fluid and understandable.
- Length — 1200 words (or within 10%)
- Arial Font or similar, 12-pt, double spaced.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence/paragraph structure will all be assessed as part of the marking of your essay.
- It should include a reference page and proper APA citations (both in-text and on the reference page)
- Your essay should contain a title page — containing the paper’s title (Research Paper or other), your FULL name, your Instructor’s name, Course name and due date of your essay.
- Your essay should have an introduction of your topic and a brief description of the main topic you will cover in the body of the paper.
- The middle section of your essay should develop the argument, providing assertions supported by evidence and this should be presented I a logical, organized manner.
- Each statement should be supported with evidence, including data, examples, citations and/or logical reasoning.
- Your essay is to end with a conclusion where you will summarize the main points you have made in your paper and offer directions for future research (where relevant).
Your essay is to be submitted via Blackboard and SafeAssign through the Submission tab in “Assignments”
Value: 20% of your total grade.