Public art is discussed in ONE section of Chapter 25.
1) Select 6 pieces of public art from the Public Art Section , and write an 800 word paper.
1) Define public art – quotes may be used from chapter 25. *Be sure you select art works that fit the definition of public art as defined in the chapter.
2) Discuss Public art’s place in the community.
3) Thoroughly discuss the 6 public art works.
(You may also select public art works from your own community as part of the 6)
4) Include a jpg or image of each artist’s work. Describe them including title, artist(if given), materials used, relative and approximate size, description of the piece – what it is about and what the artist may have intended.
5) Include your thoughts about how viewing art in “public art” differs from going to galleries and museums.
6) As in all college papers, your should have an introductory paragraph (in this case defining public art and what you intend to discuss, middle paragraphs discussing your examples and a concluding paragraph summing up your paper including how public art differs from that seen in museums and galleries.
**This is a 800 word paper to include jpgs of your art selections.