Returns distribution

Now suppose that you think the returns distribution is well approximated by a normal distribu- tion. The normal distribution is a two-parameter distribution: mean and variance, therefore, you can estimate those parameters without any complex econometric approach. 1. Plot the histogram again, but this time add a normal density over the histogram to assess how good of an assumption normality is. (Hint: Stata’s histogram command has an option to do this automatically.) 2. Compute the Value-at-Risk at the 99% confidence level based on the estimated normal dis- tribution of returns. Remember that the VaR is the maximum loss (or minimum returns in this case) that could occur with probability 1 ? , i.e., 1% of the cases. 3. How does the investment limit that you would establish for the trader, in dollars, compare to the limit estimated based on the empirical distribution above? pls tell me how to process in stata!!

We help you get better grades, improve your productivity and get more fun out of college!!

How it works – it’s easy

Y

Place your Order

Submit your requirements through our small easy order form. Be sure to include and attach any relevant materials.

Make a payment

The total price of your order is based on number of pages, academic level and deadline.

i

Writing process

We assign the assignment to the most qualified tutor. When the tutor completes the assignment, it is transferred to one of our professional editors to make sure that the assignment meets all of your requirements.

Once complete, we’ll send your assignment via the email provided on the order form.

 

 

Achieve academic success with the best online tutors.