Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignments below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
5. LENGTH: 500 words per prompt (1,000 words for this assignment)
Assignment: Essay Questions:
1. Why do religions exist? Give at least three possible reasons, and defend them with good arguments (and, when appropriate, references to others who offer similar reasons).
2. Explain the difference between transcendent and immanent notions of sacredness. What emphases might we expect in a religion that acknowledges a transcendent god or gods? What emphases might we expect in a religion that emphasizes sacredness that is imminent?