Self-reflection and self-assessment are part of the professional academic’s skill set. Self-reflection enables each learner to identify needs to address and fine-tune academic, research, and interpersonal skills in their graduate studies. This course has been designed to introduce you to the profession of human services, job roles and responsibilities, and ethics. In this week’s discussion, you will conduct a career analysis. You need a successful way to identify human services jobs that best match your work-related interests, temperament, and existing skills. You need to find a dependable way to identify a career match.
A quote attributed to Socrates is that “the unexamined life is not worth living.” This week will provide you the opportunity to engage in self-analysis and position yourself in the roles and responsibilities of human services professionals.
For this assignment, you will create a 2–3-page paper that will identify the roles and responsibilities of human services professionals based on their unique strengths and attributes. Identify the personal areas that reflect your strengths based on career planning. What human services roles could help? What are your needed growth areas? Develop a personal plan to address areas where growth is needed.
For this assignment, create your own headers based on the scoring guide criteria.
Your assignment will be graded on the following criteria:
1. Analyze personal strengths and growth needs along with their alignments to different human services roles.
2. Apply personal strengths to desired human services roles including growth areas that need to be addressed.
3. Create a professional development plan that addresses areas of identiﬁed growth needs.
4. Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others consistent with the expectation for members of the human services profession.
Refer to Evidence and APA for guidance on formatting all assignments in this course.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
• Font: 12-point Times or Times New Roman, double-spaced.
• Writing: Writing should be clear, organized, and free of errors; it should also follow professional standards.
• Research: Capella career services